Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Nearly one year later...

So my good friend Tawny gave me her blog address today and it made me think about my own long forgotten and neglected blog. So I logged in for the first time in nearly a year and read the couple of posts that I had made before I had given up on it. Whether or not anyone else has ever read it, it was fun to go back and remember what was going on in my life. So I have decided to give it another shot.

There is an awful lot that has happened in the last year, there is no way to tell all, so I will just give a few highlights and milestones.

November 19th, 2008 I started my job with Mountain America CU. I must say for the first few months it was extremely challenging. I started with a manager that didn't really give me much direction or impart any knowledge on my behalf, but after a few (what felt like eternal) months management decided to roll a few heads and we ended up with a very good situation. Me still with a job and a new manager that is GREAT! I've learned so much and have become actually pretty darn good at my job if I do say so myself!! Lesson learned: change is hard and scary, but there is but necessary and rewarding.

Next milestone...I got braces on at the end of January! YIKES!! I have always wanted braces, but really...c'mon people! They are a pain!! Luckily I have an amazing Orthodontist in my brother-in-law Rod and he has been great! In fact...he had originally said that I would have to have them on for 14-18 months and now he is amazed at how quickly my teeth have moved and cooperated so I am sure I will be breaking a record of some type by being able to get my braces off in less than one year! Yes, that's right...I will no longer be brace face by December! That is all the Christmas present I will need. Lesson Learned: It pays to keep your appointments with your Orthodontist. 11 months baby!!


This is a picture of me, my braces, and my mom on Mother's day. I wasn't planning on going home, but that morning I just really needed to see my mom, so I got in my car and took off. I got home right after she got home from church and she was working on dinner for dad, grandpa, and herself. I walked in and she had the most surprised, beautiful look on her face! It was so much fun to be able to surprise her and spend that day with her! As, I was giving her a hug, it brought a tear to my dad's eyes...awe what a softy! I loved that day! It was a perfect day!

Lesson learned: When you need your mom...you need your mom! Don't take for granted any moment you get to spend with those you love.



My Grandpa turned 90 in April! He is such an amazing man! I love him! What a Legacy of faith, longevity, compassion, love, sacrifice and devotion he has been to me! I know that he misses Grandma so much and yet he continues to live his
life and bless us all with his presence and wisdom.

He amazes me! I love going home and going out to his Green House to look at his garden and being able to get fresh peas and green beans. I don't know of another person that can grow such a beautiful garden from the seat of his Jazzy. What do I ever have to complain of? 90 years seems like an extremely long time, but in the whole scheme of things that is merely a wink and he has lived life every day! No complaining, no question.

Lesson Learned: Life is hard, but it is so much harder if you don't live it and find the joy in it. Every moment spent growing presents more moments of joy.

Well, that pretty much does it....Oh wait...one last thing...

I get to go to Tucson to see my best friend Judy Lynn and I leave in 2 days. I am so excited! This will be the 3rd time I will have been able to go visit her and her family since they moved to Tucson. I am so blessed to have such good friends. I look at the friends that I have in my life and believe that they are most definitely an extension of my family. Each one makes me stronger, each one brings joy to my life and each one has such a special place in my life. I wouldn't be who I am without the friends that I have been blessed with along the way. There are no words to express how much I appreciate my friends! Lesson Learned: Good friends are like a baby's blanky...once you find one you like you don't want to let it go. They bring comfort, joy, guidance and when you need it...tough love.



-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments: